[ubuntu-uk] React OS- Virtual Box

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:11:30 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Javad Ayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> i will post my findings on here later on for everyones benefit!!!!
>

> On 20/06/2008, Michael Holloway <michael at thedarkwinter.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know how well this works? I think i tried it ages ago (might
>> have been a different [clone]) but it was very very alpha at the time.
>>
>> I see that further down the page they say they will go into beta for 0.5
>> (and they are current only 0.3.4), so i doubt that its very stable at
>> all.
>>
>> Javad, please let us/me know how you get on with it :)
>>

>> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 08:01 +0100, Javad Ayaz wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Im just wondering if i will able to run this on virtualbox in Ubuntu?
>> >
>> > http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html
>> >
>> > I think this is a replica windows os .....so if there are any must
>> > have apps that you have to use in windows can now be used in this!!!
>> >
>> > Thoughts?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Javad
>>

>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

rOS is actually fairly stable for some apps, but overall, it's not a
production OS, and It doesn't really run any software that doesn't run
on Wine or native Linux better...

The basic idea of rOS is to replace a whole Linux distro running wine,
with something that can run Windows apps natively but is freely
available, standalone and small.

--
Kris Douglas
 Softdel Limited Hosting Services