[ubuntu-uk] Wireless adapter not showing in Network settings Was: Problems installing Ndiswrapper in Wubi 8.04

Gordon gbplinux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:07:49 BST 2008

"Gordon" <gbplinux at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:g2l5hu$41j$1 at ger.gmane.org...
>I need to install ndiswrapper in Wubi 8.04. It is not available in the
> native package list, and when I wired the laptop into the network, and
> tried
> "apt-get" I got the message that the "date-time stamp was too far in the
> future"!!!!! Eh? How does THAT work?

OK so I got Ndiswrapper installed, the Realtek 8187b Win98 driver is
installed, if I issue all the modprobe commands, there are no errors. The
GUI for Ndiswrapper tells me the drive is installed and the hardware is
present.
However, if I go to Network settings, the wireless adapter does NOT show up.
I've tried forcing the load, everything. Still no-show.

HELP!