[ubuntu-uk] Jing: GUI admin solution? Useful tool or not?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Jun 9 13:39:36 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 12:37 +0100, Matthew Wild wrote:
> Ogg embedded directly in HTML works fine in Ubuntu for me (out of the
> box, meaning no Java install required). Example:
> http://matthewwild.co.uk/ogg.html

Works for you, but wont work for the other 95% of desktops running
Windows or OSX.

Flash is useful because it is installed on so many computers, Java is
close behind in terms of usefulness, but less installed machines, Ogg
codecs is waaay down on those two.

I'd rather it "just worked" and people didn't have to install extra
stuff. I appreciate that flash is an install, but it's an install that
_many_ people have.

Also the site I am working on isn't specifically for screencasts.

Cheers,
Al.