[ubuntu-uk] update icon

Dave Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:25:52 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 22:17 +0100, London School of Puppetry wrote:

> 2008/6/6 Kris Douglas <webbox.uk at gmail.com>:
>         On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM, norman <norman at littletank.org>
>         wrote:
>         > Could someone please explain why there are two different
>         icons to
>         > indicate that there are updates available one of which is a
>         broad arrow
>         > pointing downwards and the other resembles a gear wheel.
>         >
>         > Norman
>

>         I had that too, I beleive it is the high priority updates,
>         like kernel
>         updates, or security updates.
>
>         Not only that I suddenly felt a vibration and a little noise
>         then saw the red broad arrow.
> Caroline

The answer is simple there are 2 levels of updates.

Red arrow = Critical Update and is therefore signifying you need to
download this now (IIRC there is an Exclamation mark in the arrow)

Cog type = Recommended this is things that will help your system but
aren't so immediately necessary.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know