[ubuntu-uk] my new lap-top

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 22:23:38 BST 2008

London School of Puppetry wrote:
> It does not hibernate or suspend- can anyone help?
> and as I write, the letters keep getting jumbled up- as if I was mad but
> I'm not.
> I am using Hardy Heron.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Caroline

What make/model laptop is it?  Someone on the list might have the same
model.

I found that with regards to hibernation, if you don't have a swap
partition larger than the amount of physical memory in your machine it
won't hibernate.  Not sure how much more though, I've generally got away
with a 1.5GB swap partition in my 1GB laptop and it hibernates okay
(Dell Latitude D610).

Rob