[ubuntu-uk] Ubucon Status

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Jun 2 18:51:24 BST 2008

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 09:10:55PM +0100, Johnathon Tinsley wrote:
>> I remember there was talk of and a wiki page setup for, a Ubucon run by
>> us a while back. Is anyone in charge of that project and if so, whats
>> the status of it?
>>

> After the initial discussion I dont think anything happened.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Or nothing has happened yet. :)

The main change in circumstances is that there will now be a linux expo
in London this autumn; I originally suggested the idea to fill in the
gap left by the corporates. As it is, it will still be corporate, but
there will be an .org village.

There may also be a gllugfest in early october; GLLUG is the Greater
London Linux Users Group. But we'll see what happens. I will probably be
involved in that.

Could I suggest that - in order for things not to stall as they did last
time - we add ubucon uk to the agenda for the next ubuntu-uk meeting,
and hold a face to face meeting about it at Linux Radio Live?

John

--
John Levin
http://www.technolalia.org/blog/