[ubuntu-uk] How to sync Liferea on two PCs

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 1 23:20:56 BST 2008

Robert McWilliam wrote:
> A quick google on how sqlite does locking came up with the following:
> http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5
>
> Which suggests lots of possible problems with locking stuff over
> networks, and it doesn't look easy to fix.

Thanks, Robert, that explains a lot.  I now understand why some long and
arcane scripts I saw for syncing Liferea had a lot of SQLite stuff in
them.  But the killer appears to be the problems with the buggy handling
of locking on networks.

I'm going to abandon this project.  But I've again been very impressed
with the generosity shown by folk on this list in spending time and
effort suggesting solutions and helping to get to the bottom of an
issue.  Many thanks to everyone who has taken an interest.

Mac