[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK community, Was Ubuntu UK Bug Jam?

Julian Burgess aubergene at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:42:46 BST 2008

The main idea would be to try and make the UK linux and ubuntu
community more coherent and friendly for people looking to get
involved. I'm a fairly experienced coder, but I find it difficult to
know where to start in order to contribute to Ubuntu. I'm sure no one
in the community intends to it be like this and that everyone is
helpful and friendly, but that initial approach and contact is key in
my opinion to getting people involved. I think MySociety has a good
approach towards by setting out an array of tasks at different levels,
it gives people a clear idea of something practical they could do
within a time scale and doesn't require them to get involved long term
if they don't like it.

http://www.mysociety.org/volunteertasks

I will endeavour to make it along to some future Ubuntu meetings to
discuss this further.