[ubuntu-uk] OT: Good Laptop Brands for Linux?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 20:29:34 BST 2008

Michael Holmes wrote:
> I thought I'd ask here if you dont mind, but does anyone have any
> recommendations on which laptop brands I should go for and which I
> should avoid? Any help appreciated.
>
> Michael Holmes

 From experience, Dell's are pretty good if you get one with Intel
Wireless (my old Dell Latitude D610 worked perfectly).  You might want
to look at the Dell Inspiron 1525 (I think it is), do a search on Dell's
web site for Ubuntu and you should find it.

My other half and my dad both have IBM Thinkpad R50e Notebooks, they
both run fine with Ubuntu.

I'm still trying to decide what to get (I'm leaning towards HP, Acer or
Dell) but I won't be ordering a laptop for a week or so, but when I do
I'll post a mini review.

Rob