[ubuntu-uk] Dual booting (Was: Re: Bug Day)

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:10:53 BST 2008

On 29/07/2008, James Milligan <lake54 at lake54.com> wrote:
> Thanks Lucy - I'm just waiting for XP SP3 to download and install (still
>  waiting... still waiting...) I can't wait to get Ubuntu on and use the thing
>  - 'cos it is so much better than windows (apart from support of mainstream
>  gaming, but I'm not /really/ that bothered about that, cos I need Vista for
>  other stuff anyway)
>
>  Hopefully after it's installed, I can get it on my main PC, and therefore
>  use it more and more.

Great. Good luck :)

One thing that I found useful in making the transition was to set
Linux as the default option in grub (I think this might be done
automatically nowadays anyway), so that even when I just needed to
quickly check a web page I was using Linux. The more that you use it,
even if you're just using firefox, the more opportunity you will have
to learn.