[ubuntu-uk] ISPs

Jon Reeves jon at vuzzlevuzz.org
Tue Jul 29 11:35:54 BST 2008

James Grabham wrote:
> I'm sure you've all seen the news concerning ISPs.
>
> Now I for one AM NOT paying someone to invade my privacy be logging
> what IPs I visit, so TalkTalk are getting the boot.
>
> Which means I'm a bit stuck; AOL, Virgin, Sky, Tiscali and
> Orange/Wanadoo are all out.
>
> I'm thinking Pipex business - static IP, unlimited downloads but it's
> £20 a month + VAT.
>
> What do others use/recommend?  Unlimited Downloads is a must. Static
> IP would be a plus

I have quite a bit of experience with Pipex business and would not recommend
them.  Besides, they're owned by Tiscali anyway.

If you want a decent connection you will need to pay £20 - £30 a month.  The
cut rate ISPs are that cheap for a reason and you get what you pay for.

Personally I use eclipse (www.eclipse.co.uk) and am very happy with them,
but have heard good things about Entanet too.

Regards
Jon