[ubuntu-uk] Community Newsletter

Matthew Daubney daubers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:19:40 BST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:58:37 +0100, Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 19:30 +0100, Matthew Daubney wrote:
>> After a brief discussion in the IRC channel, I'm proposing an ubuntu-uk
>> newsletter. The target audience would be you lot, the Ubuntu-UK user
> base.
>> It would also be for people who are taking there first steps into the UK
>> Ubuntu world.
>
> Great idea - but don't forget that there's already an Ubuntu ezine (Full
> Circle), so would this be specifically UK stuff?
>
> Dianne

In my bit of research I didn't find that! It's of the format I was thinking
(ish) but, like the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, is focused on the whole
Ubuntu world. I very much am aiming more at our little part of the Ubuntu
world, so it probably wouldn't run to as many pages as theirs does. Now I'm
aware of it, it'll be easier not to tread on anyones toes!

In short, yeah, it would be more UK specific, much like the difference
between a local newspaper and a parish magazine.

-Matt Daubney