[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu compatible laptops for under £400

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 21:16:18 BST 2008

alan c wrote:

> If you have one of their retail outlets near to you (or know somebody
> who is near to them) you could consider novatech
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/

Just checked, they're no where near me.  I haven't got a problem with
ordering online, the thing I'm worried about is the Linux support out of
the box.  It's a shame the basic laptops don't have Intel or ATI video
cards.

Just had a look at the Dell Ubuntu laptops, they're not too badly
priced.  It seems that the Vosto 1310 either have the option of Celerons
or Core 2 Duo's, what I'm after is something like a Pentium Dual Core.

I'll keep looking anyway.

Rob