[ubuntu-uk] run Windows XP in Ubuntu

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Jul 10 20:25:28 BST 2008

norman wrote:
> Thank you all for the swift response from which I gather that VirtualBox
> is the preferred option. I have a proper disc of Windows XP Pro with key
> so that is no problem. I will give things a go over the next few days
> and report back.

I have recently done this, but found an odd thing. I chose to try Zone
Alarm for the virtual box XP, and it would not install.
There is a  lot on the internet suggesting that zone alarm is very
picky about installing sometimes, but I ended up using Sygate personal
firewall (spf.exe) ultimately. Although you may decide your
installation will stay away from the internet!

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391