[ubuntu-uk] run Windows XP in Ubuntu

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Thu Jul 10 14:38:12 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:14 PM, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> I want to run a windows application, which will not run under wine, in
> Ubuntu 8.04. There appear to be a number of techniques and I would be
> grateful for suggestions as to the most reliable, in your opinion.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Norman

Hi Norman, I run VirtualBox and have installed a working copy of
WindowsXP.  you can then install the windows application in the
windows machine.

You can either get it through the repositories; "sudo apt-get install
virtualbox-ose" or you can download it from www.virtualbox.org (better
to go with the open source edition via the repositories)