[ubuntu-uk] drawing programme

Gordon Allott gordallott at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 10:19:14 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 21:56 +0100, London School of Puppetry wrote:
> Hi there can anyone advise me on a drawing programme using a stylus
> that I can use with Hardy Heron- and tell me where I can get it.

Generally there are two drawing applications you might wish to use, they
both fulfil different goals. you have on one hand 'gimp'. this is whats
known as a bitmap editor, its preferred if your going to be doing
painting like operations and manipulating photos/other graphical images

On the other hand is the quite excellent Inkscape, its what is known as
a 'vector editor' which means that instead of painting colour like you
do in gimp, you instead draw lines and construct images based on that.

Essentially if you want to draw images, go for inkscape. if you want to
paint images, go for gimp. they are both excellent software however (so
play about and choose whats best for you)

--
Gordon Allott <gordallott at gmail.com>