[ubuntu-uk] Firefox?

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 22:56:27 BST 2008

Wulfy wrote:
> I was having problems with Firefox-3.0 crashing so I thought I'd remove
> it and re-install Firefox-2.  This did not go well...
>
> So, after removing all the add-ons (which didn't go) and still having
> problems I decided to purge everything to do with Firefox and start from
> scratch.  Fat chance.
>
> I removed my .mozilla directory in /home/wulfy.  Nothing in /etc,
> /usr/bin, /usr/lib or /usr/share.
>
> I reinstall Firefox... I click on Tools/add-ons..  and there is a list
> of all the add-ons I used to have waiting to be "uninstalled when I
> restart Firefox"...
>
> <sigh>  Where is Firefox hiding the data?  How can I "start fresh"?  I'm
> beginning to really hate this program...
>
> Kubuntu Hardy up-to-date

Update:

Now FF3 won't start at all.  I get the following error repeated a few times:

** (firefox:32394): WARNING **: Exception in gr::RangeSegment

In safe-mode that's all I get and a frozen unresponsive GUI.  In normal
mode I get:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/lib/firefox-3.0/firefox: realloc(): invalid
next size: 0x090cc758 ***

And a long backtrace, which itself freezes after a large amount of data
is printed.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?  Am I alone in having
problems like this?

--
Blessings

Wulfmann