[ubuntu-uk] BBC News - Stallman

Bruce Beardall bruce72 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:08:37 BST 2008

Well said, Lucy. You're right, of course, about it being up to us although
my concern is not just for public awareness but also being a loud enough
voice where legislation is concerned. Do we have a loud enough voice to
speak out about legislation (national or international) that may come into
being that rules free software out? The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
(see: http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/acta/ ) is a case in point.

And getting people interested in something they wouldn't normally care about
is a bit of a mission, I must admit