[ubuntu-uk] BBC News - Stallman

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 09:00:40 BST 2008

Mac wrote:
> You may already have come across this, from yesterday's BBC Technology News:

> Mac

I'd seen it on another list but not actually read it until now.  I was
amazed to see something by Richard Stallman on the Beeb's site.  This
will go some way to explain about Free Software to some of the folks
where I work who I've got to convince about distributing The Open Disc
through them.

I don't suppose anyone knows of any good articles that have been
released under the GNU FDL or Creative Commons share-a-like licence that
explain Free and Open Source (or just Free) Software to someone who has
grown up in a Microsoft world and doesn't understand it (and more to the
point thinks that distributing Free Software isn't legal?).

Rob