[ubuntu-uk] ram voltage

fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 20 19:11:51 GMT 2008

I have just successfully built my new computer! Everything runs smoothly, bar 2 or 3 issues.
The main one is my ram. I have a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard, which supports both DDR2 and DDR3 ram. On it, I have attempted to install 4GB DDR2 ram. It will not boot like this. A friend of mine searched the internet and discovered that OCZ (the manufacturer) ram needs 2.1 volts to handle 4GB, but it will run 2GB fine. But when I put the settings up to +0.7 volts (it does not tell me the current voltage), which is the highest possible, it still does not boot up. I have fiddled with other settings, but to no avail.
Does anyone know the required settings for this to work?
Thanks in advance