[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu cd damaging windows paritions?

Farran fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 16 20:47:40 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 17:45 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> gord wrote:
>
> > i would be careful, its likely that something has gone wrong with
> > windows because... well its windows.. and that they are blaming this
> > strange thing you put on the computer once that they are unfamiliar
> > with. live cds are very careful not to do anything that could hurt the
> > currently installed systems (if they did there would be an outcry)
> >

> Yup, that's a common thing amongst less knowledgeable computer users.
> If something goes wrong they'll blame the last knowledgeable (or maybe
> no to knowledgeable) person, even if it's a fault of their own or the
> operating system/application.
>
> I've had that a few times.
>
> Rob

thanks guys
yes, those issues mentioned are generally what happened - the majority
of the time, I was demonstrating the ulimate power of linux (how it
would work with minimal config) and attempting to fix windows' admin
issues through editing the files. So yes, in most cases I had accessesed
the hard drive.
My Music teacher wasn't happy; I argued for a couple of minutes using
most of what's been mentioned, until I realised it was fruitless, and
questioned you lot for some solid evidence!

No luck, however, on the admin issues...
Cheers :D

Farran Lee
I'm only 15 :-P