[ubuntu-uk] Lexmark 4300 and woe is me (and him)

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Jan 14 18:29:17 GMT 2008

Lexmark 4300

I help an elderly person with their PC use and they run two dual boot
machines - a dell desktop XP/Kubuntu and a newer Dell laptop
XP/Kubuntu. (7.10)

Some time ago, with a lot of good intentions this person spotted a
good all in one printer copier scanner deal, and snapped it up.
Too late. I was not involved with the purchase, and unfortunately I
now find (as sort of expected) that it is next to impossible to use
with K/Ubuntu. Although I have not given up completely just yet.

However, the unit does have a MAC install CD as well as the windows one.
Does this give any hope I wonder?

I would appreciate any comments - tia
--
alan cocks