[ubuntu-uk] jeOS!! umm does it work?

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Fri Jan 11 12:42:36 GMT 2008

Has anybody else tried jeOS yet?

I have tried it on 3 different VMWare servers, 2 AMD based, and one
Intel. No matter how hard i try, i cant get it to work. It installs
fine, and then freezes on boot, failing to load the Kernel. It would
appear that it cant mount the drive. Even when i edit the grub
parameters to use /dev/sda1 instead of the UUID. Even after booting from
the CD and reinstalling grub etc etc. I've tried to use SCSI and IDE
hard drives (i mean virtual hard drives) to no avail. Any one got any
ideas, or come across the problem?  Googling has not resulted in
anything useful.

btw , these 3 vmware servers are all running various other versions of
Ubuntu, from 6.06 to 7.10.