[ubuntu-uk] Problems with WinTV Nova-t 500

Dave Walker davewalker at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 10 19:16:11 GMT 2008

Kris Douglas wrote:
> Hi, we have a MythTV home setup, and today our tuner suddenly stopped
> working. I ran a test and these results were presented to me...

<SNIP>

Hi Kris,

You do need to download the latest firmware.  It's currently not
included in the distribution.  I'm chasing license issues in the hope of
getting it included in Hardy. [0]

Further, if you want to be able to use the remote with the later
productions of the Nova-t, you do need to compile from source the latest
v4l-usb from source.  The MythTV wiki covers this quite well and it's
shouldn't be that difficult (I've done it over SSH for someone). [1]

[0]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24/+bug/179626
[1]
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Installing