[ubuntu-uk] Lost Signal

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Jan 10 17:52:19 GMT 2008

On 10/01/08 11:35:26, John Taylor wrote:
> Went back into xfile and manually reset everything the hard
> way.....perhaps the best way. "Screens and Graphics" in system
> administration appears to be a useless bit of kit and managed to get
> most of the set-up wrong for my Toshiba 20WLT56B monitor.

Filing a bug on that with details of what you tried and how it went wrong
would be helpful for the people trying to fix it.

> It's working fine now, thanks for your help most appreciated?

Good to hear

> john at ubuntu:~$ /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> bash: /etc/X11/xorg.conf: Permission denied

Sorry, I should have explained better. xorg.conf isn't an application that you
run, it is a text file that stores the configuration X uses. Doesn't really
matter if everything is working though :)
Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
     -- Dick Wirthimer