[ubuntu-uk] Problems with WinTV Nova-t 500

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 00:31:06 GMT 2008

> Hi, we have a MythTV home setup, and today our tuner suddenly stopped
> working. I ran a test and these results were presented to me...
>

> root at ubuntu-server:~# dmesg | grep dvb
> [   18.248000] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in
> cold state, will try to load a firmware
> [   19.576000] dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file.
> (dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw) Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more
> details on firmware-problems. (-2)
> [   19.576000] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>
> It appeares that something has recently affected the firmware on the
> device, and It can no longer install the usual way, any ideas anyone?

It's not that it's been affected, more that it can't find it...

A lot of these DVB cards have there firmware loaded into them at boot
time by their corresponding driver software.
I think it's just complaining that it can find the
"dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw" file that it's expecting to find in some
specific location in the harddrive...

Lee