[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu based Community centre in Exeter - the latest

Narrf stuart.parkington at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:27:30 GMT 2008

Rob,
> they will boot from Compact Flash to IDE adaptors using Etherboot
> (unfortunately the smallest CF card I could find was 1GB, very overkill!)

Have you considered the IDE Flash Memory Modules instead of CF cards.
According to Mini-ITX.com they can still be got from 128MB (£15) upwards
and they plug directly in the IDE port, so no adapter needed.

Take a look at them http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=16#2609 (about
two-thirds the way down the page). I've looked at using them a few times
(but never got around to actually doing it!) as they seem ideal for
turning PC's into terminals to me.

Regards,
Stuart