[ubuntu-uk] [orca-list] Videos of Orca in India, featuring Orca list member Krishnakant Mane

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 24 18:45:58 GMT 2008

Folks

For those interested or involved.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces at gnome.org [mailto:orca-list-bounces at gnome.org]On
Behalf Of Peter Korn
Sent: 23 February 2008 19:54
To: Orca screen reader developers
Subject: [orca-list] Videos of Orca in India,featuring Orca list member
Krishnakant Mane

Earlier today I came across two YouTube videos about Orca use in the
State of Tamil Nadu in India, featuring our own Krishnakant Mane!

The first is an ~8 minute collection of three local news pieces about a
seminar Krishnakant held for the blind, talking about the use of Orca
and Linux.  The second is a ~10 minute promotional video from ELCOT
(Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited), talking about their
work for the blind around Ubuntu & Orca, in the context of Corporate
Social Responsibility.

See the first video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eqtkJYtWKE
See the second video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzLIKxpZV0U

I've blogged about it as well, where I took the liberty of transcribing
some quotes from the two videos.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,