[ubuntu-uk] news services was: BBC news site

Tom Bamford tom at entrepreneuria.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 14:52:56 GMT 2008

William Anderson wrote:
> Tom Bamford wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I guess everyone has their viewing preference; the same 15 minutes of
>> lukewarm headlines over and over again is not for me, nor any
>> US-b[i]ased station.
>
> Rolling news channels aren't designed to be watched for extended periods
> of time, unless something "big" or "interesting" is happening.
> Nonetheless, the bottom 30 minutes of every hour on News 24 are usually
> used for "programming", while the top 30 minutes are for headlines and
> news coverage.
>
> -n

My point exactly, I like to have news on in the background during the
day. I quickly tire of News 24 and others because after an hour or two
you can literally memorise every word of every story, it's mind-numbing.

Though it's not just that, I find that there is actually quite a lot
going on in the world that you just never see covered on the British and
American run news services.

Tom