[ubuntu-uk] Video Editing - AVID?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Feb 2 20:08:25 GMT 2008

Anybody any ideas with OSS and/or Linux for this friend from Glastonbury?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

=============
i have an external hard drive with a bunch of video footage from the
sunrise festival to be edited - it has been captured in avid , the
file are not compatable with my editing program - adobe cs3
i have downloaded and installed avid dv to import thyem and export
them as an avi file, but it is incompatible with my video card

arrrrgh!!!!

its a frustrating week for me computerwise
does anyone here use avid and could convert the files for me or have
any solution?
:)