[ubuntu-uk] Gtk themes and GIMP

Matthew Gadd realdarkotter at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:13:27 GMT 2008

After some further invesigation I found that the problem also occurs
with the 'Elegant Brit' and 'Elfin2' themes. However this may be of some
help, as I recall using Elegant Brit previously (on hardy I think)
without these problems, so it seems to have something to do with either
an upgrade of gimp or an upgrade of gtk or one of the engines which has
broken the themes.

I think also that it is probably a problem with the gimp, rather than
gtk, as there is no problem with the rulers in inkscape (which I assume
are also done with the same Gtk Widget.

TIA, Matt