[ubuntu-uk] Sound inaudible on TFT speakers.

piskie ubuntu at talktalk.net
Mon Dec 29 11:53:56 GMT 2008

But fine everywhere else. To expand -

I have a Creative Audigy which works fine in almost everyway.

Sound works everywhere but doesn't appear to drive the speakers in the
monitor.

Output from the soundcard to an amp - using tape output of amplifier to
feed a small switch box for the tft input, output to speakers is normal,
the output to a tv works normally.

There is sound at the monitor but is is very quiet - almost inaudible.

If I route the soundcard output directly to the monitor it is still very
quiet.

I have checked the monitor on a different pc running xp and speakers
work normally there.

I have turned on all the possible mixer channels and upped all the
volumes to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Even a 'looks like it won't work' will do  :)

Kev