[ubuntu-uk] creating a USB startup disk

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Thu Dec 25 14:10:11 GMT 2008

I am still having problems with the bootable USB flash drive I am trying
to create. It still will not boot, it gives an error saying that it
cannot find the linux kernel image. I compared the contents of the drive
with the Ubuntu 8.10 CD and saw that the CD had more directories than
the flash drive, so I copied those over to the flash drive.

But it still does not boot, so still something must be missing.

Attached is a list of directories and files on the flash drive

David King