[ubuntu-uk] Wireless woes

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Dec 22 13:37:14 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the SSID is being transmitted.   How do I find out the channel?

> Additionally, Install Kismet, fire it up... Does Kismet see it?

Need to somehow download it.

For some reason it doesn't seem to want to acquire a DHCP address on
wired either.

Something ain't right...

>> It's currently unsecured, btw.  Could that be a factor?
>
> Unlikely. If anything that would make it more likely to be seen.

That was my thought.

All very stranged -- worked on this router ages ago, then replaced
with a BT Business one in order to get increased power which worked
fine... then family started suffering headaches, so I've switched back
to the Voyager.

It's a BT Voyager 2000 I think, that I have issues with.  Anybody
encountered issues apart from me?

All very strange,

Sean