[ubuntu-uk] The "I'm Linux" Video Contest

Christopher Swift chris.r.swift at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 18:23:11 GMT 2008

"If you've been alive and aware of mass media over the last twelve months,
you've probably seen television commercials from Apple and Microsoft touting
their operating system. From Apple's ubiquitous "I'm a Mac" to Jerry
Seinfeld to Microsoft's "I'm a PC" retort, operating system commercials have
been flooding the airways. Except one OS has been notably absent – Linux.**

*While the Linux Foundation would love to spend millions promoting Linux on
TV, it's simply not our style (or in our budget). Even more importantly,
Linux isn't a top-down, commercially controlled operating system. It's a
grassroots product of mass collaboration. That's why we're sponsoring a
community contest to create a Linux video that showcases just what Linux
means to those who use it, and hopefully inspires many to try it.*

*The winner will receive a free trip to Tokyo, Japan to participate in the
Linux Foundation Japan Linux Symposium in October 2009. The winning video
will also be unveiled at the Linux Foundation's Collaboration Summit in San
Francisco on April 8, 2009."*

In short, the Linux foundation have started a contest for a video
advert/commercial. The video has to represent GNU/Linux in some way and can
even be specific to Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, Fedora etc.
 The terms are that you must be 18 and represent Linux in some way. They
must also be 60 seconds or less.
More info here:
http://video.linuxfoundation.org/category/video-category/-linux-foundation-video-contest

Have fun and I hope that Ubuntu-UK can participate guys,

Regards,

Christopher Swift <Chris.R.Swift at Gmail.Com>