[ubuntu-uk] BBC Iplayer download on Linux

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 11:45:44 GMT 2008

David King wrote:
> I found this as well

> for installing Adobe AIR on 64bit Ubuntu
>

> David King

Great thanks.

I'm going to be installing Ubuntu on my new laptop later on.  Not sure
if I should install the i386 or AMD64 version.  I run the AMD64 version
on my desktop due to having 4GB of ram, the laptop has 2GB at the moment
although I am considering upgrading to 4GB on that too (it also runs
*cough* Vista *cough*).

What I do need on my laptop though is Java support (for Logmein).  Not
sure if I should just stick to the 32-bit version and just live with
only about 3.25GB when in the 32-bit OS.

Rob