[ubuntu-uk] creating a USB startup disk

Ted ted at trufflesdad.plus.com
Sat Dec 20 08:57:07 GMT 2008

David King wrote:
> I have now found a Live USB creator at
> http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Installer-Setup/Ubuntu-LiveUSB-39755.shtml
>
> I have created my live USB Ubuntu flash drive, now to reboot and see if
> it works or not.
>

> David King
>

> David King wrote:
>
>> How could I tell if it is or not?
>>
>> David King
>>

>> Adam Bagnall wrote:
>>

>>> :( Are you sure the motherboard is recognising the flash drive as a
>>> USB device at all?

I have the similar problems with booting from the usb port but
bios set to usb-zip seems best option...I would suggest you try Puppy
and DSL to see if you can boot as both of these work everytime for me.
 ZenLive works here too but requires a little command line work to
install there is an excellent writeup on the ZenLive site on how to do it.
 I have tried all the suggestions on the Pendrive Linux site and none
work for me but that is not to say you might have better luck....Please
keep us informed if the installer you mentioned works...I have just
installed it but will nnot be able to try it out until tonight...

--
Regards
 Ted Wager