[ubuntu-uk] BBC Iplayer download on Linux

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 17:18:13 GMT 2008

Steve Garton wrote:

> On intrepid, there's a package called adobe-flashplugin which I had to
> install to get the iplayer installer to work.
>
> My problem is now there is nothing in iplayer to download. I'll RTFM on
> it tonight I think!
>
> Steve

Is this adobe-flashplugin available for Intrepid AMD64?

I've managed to install AIR and I have the flashplugin-nonfree installed
at the moment (I couldn't find the adobe-flashplugin despite enabling
every repository in my sources.list).  I've got some version of Flash
installed at the moment but I suspect it's the 32-bit version.

The BBC iPlayer Desktop site say that I haven't got the right version of
Flash and when I go to download the Linux version of Flash from Adobe
it's the i386 version (they don't seem to have a link for the AMD64
version).

Rob