[ubuntu-uk] compiz startup doesn't work

Farran fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 15 22:57:43 GMT 2008

Hi all
minor problem, although it could potentially be a bit more serious cos I
couldn't fix it last time I managed to update...

Compiz won't start when I log in, or when I tick the effects box in
appearance prefs. I have to run "killall metacity && compiz --replace"
at least twice before it will work. Then it's fine. But it seems to
think I don't have the right driver installed or something, and i've
tried both drivers, using jockey and envy. Also, when I finally found
the new location of the (login) startup file, it's got compiz listed in
there, with all the id info and order right (with no trace of metacity).
Where is it/me going wrong?

Cheers
Farran Lee
I'm only 16 :-P