[ubuntu-uk] gradual Distribution update

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:54:51 GMT 2008

2008/12/10 Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com>:
> My advice would be don't upgrade and take advantage fo the long term
> support.
>
> Unless there is some new feature that she really needs or other show
> stopper.

Ah, I took an upgrade to mean an apt-get upgrade, rather than a
version upgrade. The download size makes more sense now ;)

I would take a look at the new features for Intrepid and see if
there's anything that your mother in law really needs or wants, and if
not, I'd also not bother upgrading. I'd guess that she would
appreciate the consistency rather than new features, if everything is
currently working okay.