[ubuntu-uk] (Fwd) Re: Contacting Ubuntu UK through Launchpad

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 23:15:38 GMT 2008

For anyone else who wonders what this message was, it was a test of
new functionality in Launchpad.  On the team page there is a new link
- (Contact this team).  The person mentioned below had used this link
to ask a question.  This email was to confirm that use of this link
sends an email to every individual member of the team.

As this behaviour was considered inappropriate, a bug has been filed
against Launchpad.  I notice that we now have a contact email
address, so it will not happen again, but it will happen to teams like
Ubuntu Users which are still showing 'No contact address'.

Tony Pursell

Tony Pursell wrote on 29/11/08 09:57:

> I think the mail from
>
> stepheno2le <stepheno2le at googlemail.com
>
> came from the link in Launchpad (like this email is doing).  The
> problem with this is that it does not come from a mailing list, so any
> reply must be made direct to the user.
>
> Tony Pursell

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Cheers
- --
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/