[ubuntu-uk] OT CPU Advice

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 2 23:03:51 GMT 2008

Gents

An interesting diversion to the original topic.

I keep a watch on http://linuxdevices.com and there's quite a few mini form
factor Atom based stuff coming through that although primarily aimed at the
embedded market, could be easily used to become a fairly "green"
workstation; in fact some are so targetted.

Now with Ubuntu also being ported across to the ARM architect, that could
certainly open up even more interesting configurations for those with a
tinkering whim.

Ian