[ubuntu-uk] Age and gender

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Wed Aug 27 09:29:39 BST 2008

Hey,

I've tried to convert girls before but the problem is they're focused
on things like Microsoft's "Windows Live Messenger" and social use of
their operating system. Whilst this can (and is) done with GNU/Linux
they don't have Windows Live Messenger. No, it does not run in Wine
(http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=127)
and even if it did it wouldn't likely support all of the MSN features
that they are acustomed to. I often try to convince those who won't
switch to Windows to at least use Pidgin but, as they put it, it
doesn't support handwriting or webcam features.

What we really need is a multiplatform messaging protocol + client to
cut into the Microsoft instant messaging market - the younger
generation of Microsoft Windows users.