[ubuntu-uk] DFEY Meeting :: 31st August :: Manchester :: Digital Freedom in Education and Youth - North West

Tim Dobson personalwebsite at army.com
Fri Aug 22 18:52:37 BST 2008

Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Tim,

Hi Andy,

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 09:53:58PM +0100, Tim Dobson wrote:
>> It's worth pointing out that whilst people disagree with each other it
>> does not necessarily stop them working together on common ground.
>> (The converse of course is that just because you share the same views
>> doesn't mean you *can* work happily alongside each other!)
>
> It's my experience that while that's the feeling of most Linux
> users, sadly it is not the viewpoint of the FSF.

It's worth pointing out that the OSI has essentially the same viewpoint
in that respect...

>  Thanks for not going that way!

ah well, I'm just witnessed one flame war too many :P
I strongly advocate free software over open source, but that doesn't
mean (i hope) that I'm incapable of working alongside people whose views
I have respect for, but disagree with.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net