[ubuntu-uk] transcriber question

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 21 14:36:23 BST 2008

Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Has it ever worked? Maybe try completely uninstalling transcriber,
> trashing /etc/transcriber and reinstall...

It has never worked at the right speed - always played back too fast.

So I uninstalled it (sudo aptitude remove --purge transcriber) and
removed /etc/transcriber.

And now it doesn't start at all:  typing 'transcriber' in a terminal
produces this:

###############################
  Error in startup script: can't read "v(options,unix)": no such element
in array
     while executing
"file join $env(HOME) $v(options,unix)"
     ("unix" arm line 6)
     invoked from within
"switch $::tcl_platform(platform) {
          "windows" {
            if {[info exists env(USERPROFILE)]} {
              set v(file,user) [file join $env(USERPROFILE) $v(opti..."
     (procedure "InitDefaults" line 41)
     invoked from within
"InitDefaults $argv"
     (procedure "Main" line 9)
     invoked from within
"Main $argv"
     (file "/usr/bin/../lib/transcriber1.5/tcl/Main.tcl" line 1115)...

So I think that counts as "two steps back"!  ;-)

Mac