[ubuntu-uk] WTB: Ubuntu Laptop

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Thu Aug 21 12:18:57 BST 2008

Hey all,

University starts in about a month and I'm *still* without a new
laptop. I figure I ought to buy one that's bundled with Ubuntu so
that:

1) I don't pay Windows "tax"
2) I don't falsisfy statistics by making it look like I use/support Windows

I have looked at what Dell has to offer in the UK but they currently
offer only 1 laptop in the UK (the XPS M1330 (UBUNTU)).

What I'm after is a decent laptop with Ubuntu pre-installed and full
hardware support (no non-working SD card readers, Wireless, etc.)

Please, fire your suggestions and experience in this to me.

Jai "Venko" Harrison