[ubuntu-uk] stickers free with Linux Format Magazine this month

James Edward Grabham jgrabham at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:14:32 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 09:19:40PM +0100, Andrew Oakley wrote:

> As a subscriber I also received the stickers, and was very impressed and
> very, very happy.
>
> Sean Miller wrote:
> > two back the man said "blimey! £5.95? that's expensive" -- and it is,
> > I don't actually NEED any of the stuff on the DVD most months - it'd
> > be nice to have the option to not receive it.
>
> Yes, yes, yes.
>
> > Why do I want a copy of Mandriva 2000 if I'm happily running Ubuntu,
> > or OpenSUSE or whatever else (which I could download anyway)....
>
> Well, I can kind of see the point in encouraging people to try other
> distros, especially the special-purpose ones such as Damn Small Linux.
> But it's a British magazine. We've all got broadband. I live in an
> extremely rural area, and even I can get 2Mbit/sec.

Lucky you, I have several thousand people living in between me, and the
exchange, which is on the other side of the city; I love the DVD because
I like to have a collection of different distros I can try out, and I
cant download them, due to lack of bandwith :(  I need the DVDs ;)

P.S. just subscribed and got the stickers instead of the promised
mug - I'm not amused, but I still got it for 15p a quarter cheaper than
the new subscription offers with the stickers.

James