[ubuntu-uk] El Reg on IBM & Ubuntu

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Wed Aug 6 15:58:26 BST 2008

So was anybody else tempted to try this Lotus Symphony???

Well I downloaded it. I must say, while i'm not a fan of JRE - seems to
be a decent package, and hey; i welcome the competition!

There are some, err, "minor" areas that need work... for instance, you
have to install it with sudo (or as root), but, for some reason i cant
get it to work as a user. I've chmod/chowned everything i can find to
make to executable by anyone - and still nothing. Not even an error in
the terminal! Works with sudo though ???

Think I'll stick to OpenOffice.org for the mo :)