[ubuntu-uk] New FreeRunner

Tim Dobson personalwebsite at army.com
Tue Aug 5 23:12:29 BST 2008

Robert McWilliam wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 02:19:20PM +0100, Javad Ayaz wrote:
>> how is it network support and price wise though? i dont think the networks
>> in the UK support it. And £200 plus i doubt if anyone wants to buy it
>> specially if free-er versions that do the same thing are available!
>
> If you want a freerunner, or any other phone that you're network
> doesn't offer directly, you can tell the sales people that you don't
> want a phone from them but would prefer money off your bills
> instead. The mobile phone market is quite competitive so they tend to
> be willing to accommodate what you want. I'd doubt you're likely to
> get enough to cover the total cost of a freerunner unless your on an
> expansive tariff or are willing to sign a really long contract, but
> you never know, and if you can get a chunk of it the freedom and
> features might be worth the extra bit.

that's intersting.

I'm on the look for a new deal atm, because i'm on an o2 pay and go
setup which isn't "ideal" for data etc and basically would be more more
sane on some sort of contract...

I'm certain i can get a better deal so i'll see if ican recoup some cost
or just get really low prices... etc.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net