[ubuntu-uk] CD Burning with Hardy

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 23:43:23 BST 2008

James,

James Westby wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 21:40 +0100, Steve Cook wrote:
>> AS mentioned in another thread some of us are having a few problems
>> burning CD/DVDs, especially RW types, after upgrading form Gutsy to
>> Hardy.  It was suggested that a clean install might cure these problems,
>> and sure enough it does.
>> I've no produced several copies of X/K/ubuntu on different types and
>> makes of disc and tried them on several machines and all ran OK.
>>
>> Not sure why upgrading should cause so much problems with this function,
>> there again nobody else seems to know either.
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone still have a machine showing these symptoms? Has
> any one found/filed a bug about it?

Yes, I still have the symptoms. I'm planning on doing an install from
fresh at the week-end. I need to do this to re-arrange some of my
partitions and logical volumes anyway.

There are a couple of bugs reported on this, viz: #200337 and #199040,
but no solutions as yet.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold